Care Awards 2023 – Nomination Guidance
How to enter a nominee
- The awards are free to enter, regardless of GCPA Membership status.
- Choose the category for which you wish to nominate; if you are entering more than one nominee or category, please do so using separate entry forms.
- Read this nomination guidance carefully.
- Please ensure that the nominee’s details are completed on the Entry Form.
- Please ensure that your details are completed on the Entry Form.
- Write an account to describe why your chosen nominee deserves to be nominated.
- Complete the Entry Form in full.
- Late entries beyond noon on 8th September 2023 will not be accepted.
Rules for entry
- The awards are open to all staff working within Gloucestershire independent care sector, regardless of Membership to GCPA, including Gloucestershire County Council members of staff running ‘provider service’ i.e. Cathedral View
- Nominations can be received from anyone wishing to nominate; colleagues, peers, service users, relatives of service users, visiting professionals etc.
- Entries must be made on the official Entry Form; no other methods will be accepted; any supporting evidence can be presented at the interview stage but not at entrance nomination point. Any supplied at nomination point will be discarded.
- Entries must be completed on Microsoft Forms.
- Multiple entries must be on separate entry forms.
- Finalists will be invited to attend the Awards Ceremony on 29th September 2023 as a free guest. Finalists for the team shall receive two free guest tickets only, but you may purchase more if you wish.
- GCPA Board Members and staff are not entitled to be nominated, although they are eligible to nominate.
- There will be three finalists in each category including the overall winner.
- Award winners and finalists may choose to publicise in any media and promotional material that they are finalists or winners. Logos will be supplied after the Ceremony via email.
- The judging will take place on 15th September 2023. This will be via a short interview, all nominees will be invited to the short interview (approx. 20 minutes) and nominated teams may send no more than two people to the judging interview. Please note: photographs will be taken of all nominees for use at the Care Awards Gala Dinner on 29th September 2023.
- The Judging Panel will consist of independent judges who have or currently work within or as a partner in Health and Social Care.
- No nominees should have any ongoing disciplinary actions against them at the time of nomination. Any disciplinary action taken against a nominee before the ceremony must be reported to the GCPA Chief Operations Officer in confidence. Failure to report could result in a withdrawal of the nomination.
- GCPA reserve the right to revoke nomination at any point in the nomination process and will not be held responsible for the publication of any information contained that is incorrect or intentionally omitted during the nomination process.
Care Awards Categories & Requirements
The Activity in Care Award
This award will be given to an individual who has demonstrated that they can provide a needs led, varied and appropriate programme for clients, the nominee will show exceptional skills, creativity and responsibility in arranging activities.
The Carer of the Year Award (open to Domiciliary Care, Day Care and Care Home Staff only)
This award will recognise the vital role of the carer in providing quality care in domiciliary care, day care or a residential/nursing home. Evidence of dedication, client engagement and being responsive to client needs.
The Dementia Award
Do you know someone who supports people living with Dementia, enabling them to lead fulfilled, meaningful lives? The award will be given to a nominee who has demonstrated making a difference to individuals and those around them, showing a high level of expertise and delivering real outcomes.
The End of Life Care Award
This award will recognise the invaluable contribution that is required when supporting an individual when nearing their end of their life. The winner of this award will demonstrate a commitment to understanding the individual and their loved ones needs in a holistic way, at a difficult time. The award winner will show compassion, understanding and a broad depth of quality of care and delivering their very best. Open to team or individual.
The Excellence in Social Care Training Award
This will be awarded to an individual or team who make a difference to the development of staff, volunteers and/or family. They enable a greater understanding of individuals care needs. The winner will demonstrate the value of training and development to enable the raising of standards across the sector.
The Innovation in Social Care Award
This award is for an individual or a team who has shown that thinking outside the box can increase better outcomes for clients. The award winner will be one whose entry clearly shows a new idea, device or process that has had far reaching benefits for clients.
The Leadership Award
This award is for someone who leads a team and inspires the environment that they work in. The award will be made to an outstanding individual who has utilised their mentoring/coaching skills to influence their workforce and beyond. They will have demonstrated a high level of expertise in helping to manage the services that their company delivers.
The Newcomer Award
This award seeks to acknowledge and celebrate a new member of staff who has commenced and remained in employment in the care sector since January 2022. The individual can either be returning to the sector after at least two years away or be joining for the first time. The award winner will be the person who shows a good understanding of their role and has excellent people skills, has empathy and responsiveness, especially in emotional situations along with willingness and determination to take up fresh opportunities.
The Social Care Nurse of the Year Award (Open to anyone with a valid PIN)
This award will recognise the vital role of the Nurse in providing quality care in a social care organisation. Evidence of dedication, client engagement and being responsive to client needs will be demonstrated.
The Nutrition & Hydration Award
This award will be given to anyone who can demonstrate an exceptional knowledge and delivery of ensuring a well-balanced, nutritious and varied menu in a person-centred way. The nominee should be able to demonstrate through their skills how they contribute to the well-being of residents/clients.
The Outstanding Contribution Award (Open to anyone in the independent care sector)
The Outstanding Contribution Award will be made to the person that has gone above and beyond their role and delivered excellent service. The specification of this award is deliberately open to enable those nominating to detail the reason they believe their nominee has made an outstanding contribution to adult social care.
The Provider Award
This award seeks to honour the dedication and understanding of working in a highly pressurised industry. As an organisation they support their staff, clients, relatives and other professionals to ensure the highest possible standards and positive well-being, through innovation and going the extra mile.
The Support Worker of the Year Award (open to Autism/Learning Disabilities/Mental Health Staff only)
This award will recognise the vital role of the support worker in providing quality care in a person-centred way to achieve meaningful outcomes for every individual they work with. Each nomination will have evidence of dedication, client engagement and innovative thinking in an organic way.
The Team of the Year Award
The award will be won by a team who have made a real difference to their clients by developing and maintaining an excellent standard of care from any area of the care market.
The Unsung Hero Award
The winner of this award could be anyone in social care. It will be awarded to an individual who has shown dedication and passion to make a difference. It is someone who you think is worthy of an award but until now there has never been one to nominate them for.
The Volunteer of the Year Award
The winner of this award will be a volunteer that has shown amazing dedication and passion for their role, contributing to the effective running of a care setting out of the kindness of their hearts.
Call us on 01242 395470
OR speak to your GCPA Board Members